exploring al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exploring al

hi I have a 30 hp autolube 2stroke, it starts like a dream off the key but it wont stop, the wires are all connected, anyone with any suggestions thanks all

My suggestion would be for you to go into more detail regarding your motor and the problem you are having?

Is this a Yamaha outboard motor you are talking about? What is the precise model identity?

Yamaha uses a "Precision Blend System" to introduce oil into the fuel supply. I am familiar with most all Yams but have never heard of a Yamaha "autolube" 2 stroke motor.

Is the problem that the motor will not turn off when the key is turned to the OFF position? That is what I am reading anyway. Right or wrong.

If so, what does this have to do with "autolube"?

Help me solve my confusion please.

Comment

I guess means the 3 cylinder (at least is the only Yamaha 2 stroke 30 I know) I have have one (the 30D but for you in US/CAN I guess is 30E or 30M) but dont know if was sold with autolube for you...

Comment

30 I know... with autolube

Comment

What is autolube?

Can you show me a Yamaha document that refers to "autolube" in connection with one of their outboard motors? This must apply to Yamaha motors that are sold outside the US.

Thanks

Comment

Hi boscoe!
            The term “autolube” may not be used in US in outboards but for sure is not new on other Yamaha products in US.

However I guess is the same mechanism of oil mixing on 2 strokes outboards as the “precision blend” in US/CAN but “autolube” in EU/World. Same (**it) diferent name… Like it! Work fine on my 30D

Yamaha 30D 30DMO 2 Stroke 3 Cylinder 30 HP Outboard Tiller Autolube 1995 6J8 - YouTube

Comment

Same model but diferent names
              Last edited by almetelo; 04-12-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I learn something (or try to) every day.

Comment

Don't get me wrong but sometimes I have the "feeling" that you make some questions that you know the answer... ;-)

We just need to read a couple of your posts to know you are smart guy and you know what you talk about and you always look for the answer... don´t wait for it.

Cheers

Comment

I believe he was just referring to it being a slang word maybe or does Yamaha manuals call it that way also

Comment

Working...
                    X