Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F50

Hi

I have Yamaha F50 Fetl (year model 2009) outboard motor.
    I need help.
    What i have to do to get that motor 60 HP? 10 horsepower more.
    I know that restrictor plate,but what other must exchange that it will be really 60 horse power outboar motor.

Best regards
    ile
    Last edited by pantterihanolen; 11-07-2013, 06:33 AM.

Do a search on previous threads... By removing the air plate in my opinion you wong get the plus 10hp as many claim. You are just adding air and no fuel!
    I already tryed this on a F50F (same as yours but of 2007) of my cousin and the "gain" was only 100rpm and 1 knot (however I canīt say how much was the gain in HP if existed...)
    The risk of running to lean and have problem of overheating donīt worst it... (my opinion) at least on the test I did.

But YES, I guess is possible.
    You need an ECU remap or get one of the F60

Good luck

Comment

Use the Yamaha parts catalog to compare an F50 with an F60. What ever is not the same, by part number, needs to be removed from the F50 and replaced with the part designed for the F60.

The ECU will be the biggest cost driver. It is $725 and some change here at boats.net

6C5-8591A-32-00 ENGINE CONTROL UNIT $725.13

Comment

unless you have magic air in finland, like other parts of the world.

there is no mythical restrictor to add HP.

Comment

F50

Hi
          If i change ECU and that plate, what you think other different,
          How about exhaust tube?
          Is there any different or is there also some plate..

Ile

Comment

Originally posted by pantterihanolen View Post
            Hi
            If i change ECU and that plate, what you think other different,
            How about exhaust tube?
            Is there any different or is there also some plate..

Ile
            I told you how to go about determining the differences between a 2009 F50 and an F60. I am not going to do it for you.

Go to Home | Yamaha Outboards. Open up the parts catalog for the 2009 F50. Also open up a parts catalog for the 2009 F60. Both catalogs will be open, side by side.

Select the same illustration for both models. Start with the top cowling since it is the first illustration. Look at the part numbers used on the F50. Then go look at the top cowling illustration for the F60. You will see that the part numbers for the cowling assembly and the front and rear graphics are different. All of the other parts are the same. Makes sense since the top cowling is going to be marked F50 for the F50 and marked F60 for the F60.

Now look at the next illustration. It is labeled as cylinder crankcase 1. You will note that all of the parts are the same.

Now go on down the list of illustrations comparing each one with the other. With a bit of work you will see for yourself exactly what the differences and the commonalities are between the two models.

And no, the exhaust tube is not different. How and why did the exhaust tube come up?

Comment

F50

Thanks a lot everybody!

New ECU and then its possible to get 34-35 mph.
              first when i got that boat max speed was 27mph. bottom was very bad..
              now it take 32 mph 50hp,when bottom is clean and 11x15 propeller 5200 rpm.
              i hope about 400-500 rpm more..when 60 hp is maybe home..

Comment

you are over proped! 5200 RPM is low

You need a smaller pitch prop! I guess even with 60hp you'll need a small pitch... or less diameter prop. The rev's must be close to 6000
                The factors that afect the choise of a prop are so many... including the air temperature, altitude etc

I guess you would go better with 12 or 13 pitch prop but the best is probe a few "try and error" I know is other way but I did this way and tested 5 diferent prop till I was sure the right one (borrowed) ( try to get other "sizes" borrowed from your dealer or maybe your friends) until your sure you got the right one for you. But in case you'll get the ECU soon wait and do that later (share with us the results if you change ECU)

Have a look on the page:

Boat Propeller Advice & Tips

Hope this helped you

Good Luck

Comment

f50

We have soon winter here and nobody can use boats..
                  But when i use original probe 11 1/8 x 13 it was 4000rpm about 20 mph and now its 4000 rpm 24 mph speed 11x15 prope
                  I want use 4000-4500 rpm and get best speed..

Comment

You need to prop the motor to where the top RPM at WOT is about 6K, then you can run any RPM you want.

But if you prop it where your WOT RPM is too low it puts too much strain on the motor and will cause problems with the motor

Comment

f50

it seems that nobody has not get f50 to take 6000rpm here, maybe its max rpm is 5800,restrictor went on when i trim motor up.. i think 50 hp carburetor model take 6000rpm.
                      f60 i dont know its maybe 6000 also and its ECU maybe do that

Comment

Might check to see if you can find something close to your set up on here to see what prop they used and what RPMs they were able to reach
                        Performance Bulletins -Archive | Yamaha Outboards

Maybe close to this? http://www.yamahaoutboards.com/sites...67-f50tlrd.pdf
                        Last edited by 99yam40; 11-07-2013, 07:19 AM.

Comment

f50

why is "same" ECU and two difference number....
                          6C5-8591A-32-00
                          6C5-8591A-33-00
                          some write that 33 is new number..what mean that

Comment

Working...
                          X