2007 50 hp 2 stroke oil sender/sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 50 hp 2 stroke oil sender/sensor

hello , i have a 50 hp 2 stroke 2007 model, and i can run it at idle but when i try to go forward or in reverse it stalls out everytime, but when i turn the the switch from open to ( emergancy )protection it runs okay, i am thinking that i have an issue with the oil sender/sensor, and my alarm never sounds either, do you think this is a safety feature or something or possible another issue, and if so can i pre mix my fuel and by pass the sensor, thanks for your help in need to figure it out and shops labor rate very high lol ?
    Last edited by sdyamaha; 11-02-2013, 01:11 PM.

Not sure what switch you are turning but if its the red lever on carbs then that is choke lever and would need to remove and clean carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What switch?

Are you talking about the red emergency starter valve control lever?

Comment

Originally posted by sdyamaha View Post
        but when i turn the the switch from open to protection it runs okay
        Not sure what switch you are talking about or what protection position is.

But if you are referring to the red emergency switch on the prime start system, then there are 3 positions normal, open , and closed.
        Normal should be full counter clockwise I believe

Comment

50 2 stroke

ya i believe its the emergancy starter valve lever on the lower left side the positions are open, emergancy, and close

Comment

50 2 stroke oil sender/sensor

and ya the manual said to have it in the open position, but it will not work when trying to go forward or reverse stalls out, but when in the emergany position the center position ( protection ) it will not stall out at all , like its possibly for limp mode i guess, manual has no information on it all only to use when in emergancy protection.

Comment

read your owners manual to make sure,
              but on my 40 it is normal,open, and closed

Should stay in normal position unless there is a problem starting and running due to plugging in carbs/enrichment system.
              Then you switch to the open position to start and to the closed position once warmed up to keep from dumping too much fuel while underway

I would think you are in need of pulling and cleaning carbs, or the enrichment system is not working properly

Make sure to follow the link and sync procedure in service manual every time after reinstalling to make sure all is adjusted properly
              Last edited by 99yam40; 11-02-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

ok and thanks for your help
                Last edited by sdyamaha; 11-02-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdyamaha View Post
                  ok and thanks i have and when i run it i turn it to normal or closed and still will not run at all ,
                  That indicates your carburetors are not in proper working order.

Comment

cool thats it then, thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                    X