Question for Rodbolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Rodbolt

Remember the fellow with the F350's and Command Link Plus gauge that won't display house battery voltage? I might have stumbled onto something.

Please take a look at the rectifier/regulators for an F350XCB, an F300XCA and the fairly new F200XCA. The F300XCA has two auxiliary outputs from the R/R that run to the ECU. The F200CXA has one auxiliary output that runs to the ECU. The F350 does not have any. Source data is the applicable Yamaha service manual. The parts catalog seems to agree with the service manual.

I am guessing that these outputs provide the house battery voltage to the ECU, which digitizes it and relays it on to the CL+ display. If the F350XCB does not have the output lead then it seems to me that the F350XCB won't support house battery voltage on the display. Seems strange to me, but Yamaha does some strange stuff.

What say ye?

I don't have the diagrams for the international market stuff.

but if the auxillary charging system has no feed to the ECU it cannot be displayed on the LAN system.

strange??
    kinda like the F motors oil and overheat alarms,especially F50 and lower.
    or the water in the fuel detect that will only work in neutral.

or the fix for the F150 balancer or the F350 rotor.

but if there is no reference data to the ECU about house battery voltage there can be no display.

Comment

It is the US model F350 that I am talking about.

The foreign motors that were the topic of discussion are one and the same as the US F350XCB.

I agree with you. No input to the ECU then no output on the data bus. I just wanted a cross check before I got back to the guy overseas.

Comment

if that is how his engines are wired I cant see the ECU ever displaying house battery voltage on the data bus or the CLP.

I don't see any other way for the ECU to know about auxillary batteries.

Comment

Yamaha is just picking up the new technologies from Etec evinrude which has a inbuilt voltage separator for their V4 and V6 motors which are 115hp and above and their charging capacity is 55amp and they have this auxiliary adapter when fitted with a extra harness divides the voltage into two separate voltage and it dosent show on the display .kind a good technology but is expensive

Comment

most all V6 Yamaha motors built since about 1990 have the "evinrude" technology built in.
            most all US market V6 motors have the battery isolator circuit from the factory since about 1990.
            most riggers and owners are not aware but its there.

F150 and up 4 strokes have had it since the early 2000 models.

Comment

Working...
            X