water pump symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pump symptoms

Hey, let me start by saying I tried a search and nothing so now im here. Engine is a 01 ox66 225. It has never gotten an overheat alarm on muffs before. I recently changed my impeller and t-stats. (Last weekend) went to test run engine and it gets the temp alarm after about 1 minute of running. It doesnt get an alarm running at the dock. Could it be possible to experience this symptom if the large o ring on the pump housing fell out of the groove during installation? Impeller direction is correct as well. Remember it never gave an alarm on the hose before. First kite fishing should be this coming weekend. Need this fixed fast! Thanks!

Good idea to drop the lower unit and carefully double-check your mechanical/installation work. Did you replace the entire "kit" or just the impeller?....

Comment

Ok well I took it apart and lower o ring is still there. I did notice however that on top of the plastic housing the o ring under the plastic guide ring was missing. Installed a new one and now it runs longer but the alarm stilll sounds. Probably 2 minutes now. Next ill replace the prv (I dont know if previous owner ever replaced) and retest.

Comment

I just did the impeller and lower o ring. Yamaha dealer said that maybe since the pump is so new its pulling more water than the hose and muffs can provide. They also suggested switching the side the water goes into on the lower unit. Both sound weird to me since the motor has NEVER done this before.

Comment

Working...
        X