1987 8HP (model LH) Sudden Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 8HP (model LH) Sudden Stops

8hp 2-cycle ; new fuel filter; runs well warm; but sudden stops, seems to be starving for fuel;
    need to PUMP in-line BULB every 5-10 mins or motor dies out; when PUMPED fuel sprays
    out of Fuel Pipe Joint Comp 1 & Comp 2 (Yamaha parts list diagram) ; the connector
    from the tank fuel line to the motor FACE PLATE male fuel connector. Don't know if it's
    fuel pump issue or changing the 2-connectors will FIX problem.
    Thanks for any HELP/COMMENTS !

common sense would say if fuel will leak out of a connection under pressure then it will defiantly suck air in when under a suction/vacuum.
    Should be an o ring in those connecters, but not sure if replaceable

Comment

Yamaha parts list/diagram show an O-Ring (marked Obsolete); last week, I called the toll-free order # tech support told me it's an internal SEAL; not replaceable separately; so I should replace BOTH connectors then, to assure good, steady FUEL FLOW ? Just want to hear from others & NOT to overlook other issues. Thanks for the input

Comment

As noted above, you found a fuel leak (not normal) that wll suck air (little to no fuel) so fix that first and formost.

A brand new fuel pump, with an air leak in the line, won't work, it'll suck air.

Fix that and please post your results..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X