No announcement yet.

Best Propeller size for my Twin f350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are after market makers of extensions also, but I know what you are saying about that dealer and shop

Do some looking on that bulletin Rodbolt is talking about, the F350 has problems with the flywheel.
    I think Yamaha recommends replacing them every so many hours, just can not remember how many

Comment

The flywheel bulletin is published by Yamaha US. Not sure if it applies to your part of the world. Ask your sorry shop if they know any thing about the flywheel/rotor issue. They should have been informed by Yamaha Japan

Right now the present flywheel recommendation for the US V8 F300/F350 is that it should inspected yearly, every 100 hours or at every shop visit, whichever occurs first. If the rubber portion shows any signs of distress the flywheel should be replaced.

It is also recommended that the flywheel be replaced at three hundred hours of operational time, no matter what its condition.

It is a very simple removal and replacement procedure. Just six bolts to remove, install six new bolts and torque to specification.

Comment

Originally posted by rasemuae View Post
        :-)
        Exactly hard to believe,,,, but guess what ??
        AM dealing with Yamaha EXCLUSIVE and sole dealer in The United Arab Emirates :-) and guess what ? he is also the Suzuki dealer.... and he is the worest dealer aver,,,, and I know that Both, Yamaha and Suzuki are in big legal case to remove him,,,, since over 5 years !

They don't have ANY 30' shaft, boats here are mainly 25' and they go with 30' only if centre mounted (3 engines) so they do have 1 30' 300 but in that case I had to get 3 x 300 with extra $$ and and and... or to wait for about 8 months until new engines to be ordered and paid by me in advance...
        With the boat on plane and the motors running at cruise speed and trimmed to the optimal trim angle, have someone take a look at the anti-ventilation plate. The flat one just above the propeller. It should be visible and just barely skimming the surface of the water.

If possible, take a photo and let us look at it.

Comment

F350 Best Rigging on Wellcraft scarab 35S - CC

Hi,

Wellcraft scarab manufacturer provided me with the attached chart with a twin F350 Yamaha, best rigging , engine position etc...

Issue is, engines are 30' shaft, mine are 25' 

wellcraft.jpg
          Last edited by rasemuae; 10-29-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Sorry guys, I don't know what is the flywheel/rotor is.... what this have to do with 25/30 inch and/or the propeller ?

You suggest to install the 5inch kit when this "flywheel/rotor" is due to be replaced since its "same job" ?

Am lost :-)

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            The flywheel bulletin is published by Yamaha US. Not sure if it applies to your part of the world. Ask your sorry shop if they know any thing about the flywheel/rotor issue. They should have been informed by Yamaha Japan

Right now the present flywheel recommendation for the US V8 F300/F350 is that it should inspected yearly, every 100 hours or at every shop visit, whichever occurs first. If the rubber portion shows any signs of distress the flywheel should be replaced.

It is also recommended that the flywheel be replaced at three hundred hours of operational time, no matter what its condition.

It is a very simple removal and replacement procedure. Just six bolts to remove, install six new bolts and torque to specification.
            Last edited by rasemuae; 10-29-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rasemuae View Post
              Sorry guys, I don't know what is the flywheel/rotor is.... what this have to do with 25/30 inch and which the propeller ?

You keen to install the 5inch kid when this flywheel/rotor is due to be replaced since its "same job" ?
              Your operational problems are a completely different issue than is the flywheel/rotor. One has nothing to do with the other. I am not sure why it ever came up, but it did.

Comment

I believe Rod was just trying to make sure he was informed about the problem the F350 has with it so he can keep on top of it

Comment

Thanks guys :-)

For now I have enough problems in shorter term to be solved ,,,, the regular maintenance is a future event :-)

But thanks anyhow, appreciate it :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X