F115 Fogging for Storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 Fogging for Storage?

I will be fogging my cylinders for storage (several months) and wondering if the fuel injection system should also be fogged. If so, how?

I'm a 2 stroke guy but have also fogged my carbed motors (into the carbs themselves) for years. However, not sure about a fuel injected system.

Fogging has been a "2 stroke thing" for years since no oil in crank area....4strokes have oil in crank case that will protect that area...so oil/fog into spark plug holes, crank motor over to coat cylinder walls, etc....good idea to go heavy on Stabil/Seafoam in last tank of fuel to help prevent fuel fouling in injectors....drain each carb if your motor has carbs, for any extended lay-ups....

Comment

Do you take the plugs out, spray fogging oil in the cylinders.... put the plugs back in..... then turn the engine over ? I read somewhere they prefer you turn the motor over with the plugs out after spraying fogging oil in the cylinders to avoid damaging valves etc.....sounds like it could get messy.....?

Comment

If you read the sticky there is a good description on how to winterize your motor, its a good read.

Comment

I don't fog EFI 4 strokes.
          use the fogging fuel mixture.
          if you think about how EFI motors draw air, especially later single throttle body models, you will see why fogging is useless.

I do use crank case store-n-start.

Comment

Working...
          X