Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaft length

Hi..
    I was wondering what is involved in changing an F225 TURA to a F225 TXRA, in other words making a 30" shaft motor into a 25" motor,
    From what info I have found... there is a 5" spacer/housing above the lower unit that has to be removed of course a long with shortening or replacing the drive shaft, water tube, and I am not sure what else is involved, but it did not sound like it was too major.
    Not that I will have to do this, but just wondering if I have this option?
    thank you in advance

i have never seen a 5 inch spacer,and i had twin 225`s/30 inch, the whole midsection would have to be replaced, in addition to the driveshaft.people i know have installed jackplates or what i did before was install a 5 inch plate over my bracket to make up for the height. one good thing about the head being higher is that its further away/out of the water.

Comment

Thanks for the reply JB
      Look just above the caviattion plate very closely and tell me if you see any seams that almsot blend in with the rest of the housing?
      On the F models, this is where the 5" is gained.
      just curious

-B

Comment

oooops my bad, didnt see the F and i did look it up and see the part...nice feature in the F series if it IS possible to change out.and 263 for a driveshaft isnt too terribly bad.

Comment

Working...
        X