C85 Hop-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C85 Hop-Up

Hey People, I'm planning to replace the cylinder head, exhaust covers, bolts and gaskets on my 92 C85TLRQ. I'm worried about Internal water leaks after seeing how deteriorated the head gasket is on the outside of the motor. There's alot of corrosion and peelin paint on the cyl end of the motor after 12 years in the marina. The rest of the powerhead looks to be in great shape. I know alot of bolts are gonna snap, but I think this job really needs to be done.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of any changes i can make to get 5 or 10% more power out of the motor. It's a California motor, and probably Quite de-tuned for emissions. It's mounted to a 17' Grady-White. The motor does fine with 2 people in the boat, but it could use a little more kick poppin out of the hole with 3 on board.
    I also took the 13x17 prop to the shop to be dialed in, polished, and balanced.
    To anyone with experience in this area, I would be most grateful for you valued advise. Thanks, RAT!

Try these guys. They are good people and helped me with good advice.
    https://www.shop.hydrotecmarine.com/

Comment

Thank You so much Hiccups1. I checked out the site, and found many potential solutions. Carbon fiber reeds, big bore carbs, exhaust tuner and perfomance head. Think I'm gonna start with the reeds.
      I've already got the new stock head, I'm thinkin about millin it about 1mm for a little more compression. And polish the dome. I can't think of anything else you could do to it.
      I just tore down motor this morning. Only broke 1 bolt. Cylinders are immaculate, tiny bit of carbon on pistons, domes of heads look like bare aluminum. Amazing. Motor has been in marina for 12 years. And I never stepped foot on the boat for the last 13 months. But it was freshwater flushed every time I came back to the dock. That Paid off. Yamaha motors are amazing.
      I will call those guys Monday. Thanks for the Hot Tip! RAT!

Comment

Working...
      X