2003 vmax 200 ox66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 vmax 200 ox66

I have. 2003 200 vmax,It runs fine cold but after running and stopping and fishing the electric fuel pump stops running.
    Has anyone else run into this concern?

Warren

"Has anyone else run into this concern?"

Yes.

Comment

What was the problem? Was it the fuel pump or another issue?

Comment

could be a lot of things.
        main relay,pump,resistor,ECU many many things are involved.
        at key on the ECU "wakes up" turns on the main relay and applies a ground path for the pump for about 3 seconds

Comment

Sorry for not being more specific,you would think being a mechanic i would’ve been..lol, you can. Start bit up after sitting for a long time (all week) and it will fire right up.
          head to your first spot and it does fine. Get ready to move to another spot after sitting there warm or at operating temp and the electric fuel pump doesn’t run. Let it cool off for awhile and it fires up with no problem. Was wondering if the electric fuel pump may have an open in it Belen it gets hot. It is 15 years old and has gotten a ton of use.

thanks for the help
          Warren

Comment

Basic trouble shooting would be to monitor fuel pressures to start out with to make sure the pump is not turning on.
            if it is not , then check to see if the 12 + is at the pump, and then see if the ground is being made up by ECU

Comment

Thank you for all the help

Comment

Does anyone know what the electric fuel pump pressure is supposed to be. I have a service manual but i am unable to locate it in the book.
                Thank you

Comment

35.6 psi with the motor at idle RPM.

It is listed in section 3 "Periodic Inspections and Adjustments". Page 3-4 if your manual is LIT-18626-02-74.

The pressure will be greatest at key on before the motor is started. Once the motor is idling the fuel pressure will decrease. If and as the throttle is opened the fuel pressure will rise.

Comment

Thank you very much. I have a seloc manual so i will look for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X