Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old video worth seeing again IMO

Very interesting IMO.

You can see the wasted spark on the exhaust stroke. You can see the spark ignite the air/fuel mix well before top dead center. You can see the flame front develop and progress so that it is more or less complete about the time the piston starts downward on the power stroke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xflY5uS-nnw

Wishing I could get them to introduce some crappy substandard gasoline so that detonation can be seen.

Great video....wonder what that clear glass/plastic cylinder head is made off and what keeps it from melting or cracking?

Comment

The new head was acrylic. I'd love to see the four cylinder one that was welded together run!
      Dennis
      Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151 View Post
        The new head was acrylic. I'd love to see the four cylinder one that was welded together run!
        Wouldn't the acrylic melt?......maybe the run the motor only momentarily??....just long enough for photos?

Comment

Don't know about that but that's what they said in the video that it was acrylic.
          Dennis
          Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Very, very cool!!

I'd love to hang out with those guys in the shop making / designing things!!
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

This is great. Nice shop!

Comment

Working...
              X