Installing Powerhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Powerhead

About 2 months ago I had a cylinder go bad in my Yamaha 130. After some research I took it to a shop to have it rebuilt. Guy said to bring the entire outboard as an assembly and he'd rebuild it and reassemble it, should only take 2-3 weeks. Well 8 weeks later all he did was drill out the bolts that hold the powerhead on and rebuild the powerhead. I got fed up and told him to load up all my stuff after repeated lies from him. Anyway now I have a rebuilt powerhead that I need to reattach and to fix the holes he drilled in the sides to extract the bolts. Is there any kind of write up or video or instructions that you guys know of that could help a brother out? I know I got screwed be not doing better research on the shop but it is what it is and now I gotta move forward so any help would be much appreciated.

I don't understand the comment about drilling holes to get the bolts out. The bolts are readily accessible. A bolt might get broken upon removal but that it a different matter.

If the power plant is removed the bolts are out (or broken).

How about taking a photo of what you are talking about/seeing.

Comment

The six bolts that attach the powerhead to the lower unit were siezed and the heads broke off so the mechanic drilled holes in the side of the lower unit to release them, I used a two part marine epoxy putty to fill the holes he drilled. I'll get some pics up in a bit

Comment

Working...
      X