More of F150 Balancers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of F150 Balancers

Maybe the code has been broken. There are casting marks on the balance which might indicate the time of manufacture. Anyone with an F150 care to look at the marks on their balancer and see if the markings agree with what is believed to be the vintage of the balancer?

I'll be able to check Saturday.

Comment

The one I just removed has a 1 for the single number then 5E and under it 28. This is an 2006 Australian model but I'm sure it is the same as a US 2005 model because there is no NMEA connection. So it could mean 28th of May 2005.

TMC

Comment

What about the number above the ones in the circle? This picture has a 3 and supposedly might be from 2010?
        Dennis
        Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by the mad cat View Post
          The one I just removed has a 1 for the single number then 5E and under it 28. This is an 2006 Australian model but I'm sure it is the same as a US 2005 model because there is no NMEA connection. So it could mean 28th of May 2005.

TMC
          That is the thinking. 5 = 2005, E = May and 28 = the 28th day in May 2005.

Not exactly sure about the 1, 2 or 3 up above. Probably a configuration indicator of some sort.

Comment

Wouldn't be anything like version 2,3 or 4 and then date of manufacture? That might be to complex for Yamaha?
            Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151 View Post
              Wouldn't be anything like version 2,3 or 4 and then date of manufacture? That might be to complex for Yamaha?
              We have to compare the numbers to what we know to be true. I know that I have the -04 part. That was printed on the label when I received. Purchased in April 2017. Would be nice to have a look at some 09-11 models with original balancers. Shame on me. I pitched my version 1 unit awhile back. I am trying to fight the temptation to hoard worthless crap.

Comment

I'll check my type 3 later and respond.

The newer type 4 balancer (currently on the engine) is not accessible at this time.
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

We have to compare the numbers to what we know to be true. I know that I have the -04 part. That was printed on the label when I received. Purchased in April 2017. Would be nice to have a look at some 09-11 models with original balancers. Shame on me. I pitched my version 1 unit awhile back. I am trying to fight the temptation to hoard worthless crap.
                  Let's try the postimage service again....nope

How bout tinypic? Nope. Bite me!!

The number is 6G 06 on my balancer
                  Last edited by pstephens46; 02-03-2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

6G 06 would be either 6 July 2006 or 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      6G 06 would be either 6 July 2006 or 2016.
                      2016 could very well be the case. Could have easily been in inventory in multiple locations for 9-10 months. It is the -04 part.
                      Last edited by pstephens46; 02-03-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

What is the number above the date stamp like the 3 in the pic above?
                        Dennis

Comment

That would be a 3.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                            That would be a 3.
                            You are starting to sound like that arsehole Alloyboy over on TOS.

Comment

HTML Code:
                              [QUOTE=pstephens46;n202312]

2016 could very well be the case. Could have easily been in inventory in multiple locations for 9-10 months. It is the -04 part.[/QUOTE]
                              Why would they not indicate the true year as 16? 16G 06? Just using the 6 for the year really lets to much to guess at. Not logical as Spock would say! 2026 is a long way off but after the fact how would you know what it was if it were an older boat? Even with 2006 and 2016 how do you know what you have if you aren't the original owner?
                              Dennis

Comment

Working...
                              X