trim gage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim gage

I have a 2013 yamaha t50lb on my pontoon boat. it did not come with a trim gage. I bought a trim gage to matcg the gages that came with the boat,
    ( Faria part # FAR15128) i also bought the harness to connect the gage to the motor ( part # 6Y5-83653-10-00)
    My problem is the gage is an analog gage it has 3 studs on the back the end of the harnes does not plug into the gage.
    does anyone know what what wires on the harness connect to what?
    colors on harness are ( pink,grey, green and green/red) the back of the gage the studs are parked (G- ground, S-trim sender,I- ignition and a blade for the light connection)
    can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Eric

the pink wire is the trim sender wire,,

Comment

Yellow is the Yamaha colour for "key on" power and black is for ground.

So, yellow to the ignition terminal.

Black to the ground terminal.

Pink to the sender terminal.

Blue for the internal light within the gauge.

The other colours in the trim oil harness are ground reference signals for an over temperature warning light and an oil pressure warning light in a Yamaha gauge.

Comment

Great! the pink is the sender. what do the other wires connect to. ( gray, green and green w/red strip)do any of them go to the gage?
        Do I tap one of the ignition wires from another gage to the trim gage? and the same for the ground and back light on the trim gage. or are the other in the harness the wires I need.
        Thanks
        Eric
        Last edited by eperry50; 05-13-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X