2001 Yamaha 150hp alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha 150hp alarm

My 01 Yam. 150 was running in the driveway off the hose when a continuous alarm sounded off , I disconnected the sensor on the right side head and the alarm went off. I pulled the stat and then the head to inspect for blockages and there are none it's surprisingly clean for salt water use. Could an oil issue affect one head more then another or would the whole engine overheat ?
    Thanks , Mike

most likely you did not have enough water volume on the flusher.
    unlike other motors Yamaha did not use various tones or beeps to alert.
    any alarm is the same alarm.
    when was the last time the pressure control valve was serviced?
    the water pump serviced?

Comment

Thanks rodbolt17 ! I replaced the water pump this past Friday, is the pressure control valve the pop it value ? I was just told by a friend of a friend Yamaha's do not run well on the hose for more then 5 minutes . I'm going to put it back together with peace of mind that the water jackets are very clean and there is no build up at all in the Starboard side . Now to put the head back on !!!!! can you tell me the torque spec's on the 12mm head bolts and the 10mm water jacket cover ?

Comment

Yes pop it and pcv are the same.

Comment

2001 150hp. What are the torque specs for the heads and water cover ? anyone

Thanks

Comment

https://www.vansoutboardparts.com/service-manuals go here and look it up.

Comment

Dang I like this Forum !!!! Thanks you all for you're assistance , I could almost work on a Engine with this help Thanks again, Mike

Comment

Working...
              X