Yamaha Fuel Management NMEA Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Fuel Management NMEA Connection

O.K. I installed the fuel management gauge and it appears to be working correctly. The only problem I am having is the feed from the GPS to the gauge for MPG. I have the switches set according tto the card that came on the gauge. I have a Lowrance 337. The NMEA wire has a yellow wire to transmit, orange wire to receive, shield wire for signal ground, and a blue wire (says it's not used).

I ran the white wire from the FMG to the yellow wire on the Lowrance NMEA. Do I connect the shield wire to any ground or a ground on the FMG?
    I have read you do not use the brown and black wires on the FMG.

Any ideas.

Connect the FMG white wire to NMEA output lead of GPS which should be the yellow wire and no other wires should be connected.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

That's the way I tried it but I am not get a read to the FMG. Other ideas? Thanks

Comment

I have a new 110c and havent hooked up the FM to my unit yet but as i remember with the lowrances, you have to "tell" the unit that it will be receiving the nema info, as in settings> i had to do this with an older global map and lms350-a.Ive always had excellent tech help from them,give them a shout.

Comment

Check all connections, You might give Lowrance a call to verify which GPS wire to use, check FMG speed display dip switch is set for GPS and the FMG and GPS needs to be using the same battery if you have dual battery's make sure engine and accessory are connected to same battery. I emailed you the installation guide.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X