Connect 250 SHO to Hummingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect 250 SHO to Hummingbird

Can someone tell me what is needed to connect a SHO to the NMEA network to display engine information on my Humminbird 1198 sounder. I only have standard Ranger gagues, no Yamaha gagues installed.

I have looked at the product information for the 1198 at Hummingbird's website and there is no mention whatsoever of the device having NMEA 2000 input capability.

1198c SI Combo :: Fishfinder GPS Combo :: Humminbird

If the device is not NMEA 2000 compatible there is no way to get engine data to be displayed.

For the list price of the unit, I am surprised. Most all Garmin, Lowrance, Furuno, Simrad, etc. and other similar devices well below the price of the HB 1198 now offer NMEA 2000 compatibility.

If you call Hummingbird, and they say the device will accept NMEA 2000 inputs, come back here and I will tell you how to get information to the device.

Comment

Thanks for the response, all help gratefully accepted.
      I can connect a NMEA 2000 adaptor (Humminbird part - AS ETH NMEA2K) to the ethernet network on my sounder's and this will accept NMEA2K input and distribute it onto the Humminbird ethernet.
      I have put a link below of the adaptor.
      http://store.humminbird.com/products...NMEA2K_Adapter

Comment

Here is a link to a cable that will connect to the motor at one end and to an NMEA 2000 network (aka Backbone) at the other end.

Lowrance 120-37 Yamaha Engine Interface | Blue Heron Marine Electronics

Here is a diagram that depicts the connection of the Lowrance cable between the motor and the NMEA 2000 network. How the data gets from the NMEA 2000 network to the Hummingbird sounder is not known to me. Apparently the component you referenced does that.

Comment

Thanks for your time and assistance, I can now work towards getting my engine data onto my sounder

Comment

Working...
          X