random power loss?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random power loss?!?!

I have a 2004 yamaha 25 hp 2 stroke on a 14 by 42 alweld semi v bottom Well I ran it today had 3 people in it and it topped out at 22 mph which is ok for the wieght in boat with all fishing gear and all but I wanted to go out on a run with just me in it well started great it jumps out off water almost to 30 mph then its like I lost all power just felled off of the plane so I turned it off and started it up again did just fine until I got it wide open again then right down to barely anything again idles fine and all just lost my power when opened up then stays at power loss until shut off or for a while did this before but went away so any solutions would be greatful could it be coil packs cdi box? It like carbs are fine so idk just high rpm every once in a blue moon does it?

I am having the exact same problem on my 2008 25hp 2 stroke yamaha. It cranKs easy runs wide open for about 20 mins and then seems to just bog down.It still runs smooth but will not accelerate. I can kill it, clean the plugs and crank it and it runs great again for about 20 minutes. I have had the carbs cleaned and replaced the plugs but still does the same thing. Hopefully someone will have some advise HELP !!

Comment

easy to test compression, spark, and timing.
      If all is well with those the it is a fuel problem

Yamaha retards timing when overheat or low oil comes in, so make sure to see if timing is changing when problem shows up

timing light will also show loss of spark when problem shows up if moved to the different plug wires if there is a loss

Comment

Working...
      X