Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hour meter problem

OK folks who can solve this problem
    how can a engine with 360hrs all of a sudden start showing 3600hrs after it has been fixed as there was rust on the trigger switch.
    solve this one 99yammy40 and boscoe plus chief rod bolt the expert
    a challenge mate dont let the retired man work his brain off as iam relaxing and you guys working so break a sweat on this one \
    cheers

with that limited information.
    dunno.
    what meter are you taking hours from and what model number engine are you discussing?

Comment

hey chief
      this is the same F60 i did a favor for the old man its running and fixed and he is going crook on his hour meter as it was 360 hrs when he brought it in then i fixed it with you guys help as i never worked on this motor it was a EFi also when i put the YDS it also shows 3600hrs ,now i dont know how it happened but it does show 3600hrs as it is ,i mentioned it to him that by changing the ECU he might get a zero hrs ,that's a guess only from me as we really dont care how many hrs our motors run here in FIJI as long as they dont break down ,as we run our motors till they die and replace them as most of them cant afford to buy them every three years .our motors are basically run around 8000hrs to 12000hrs depending on the hp ,a 60hp enduro will have about 12000hrs and F100 will range from 8000hrs to 10000hrs as the fuel is pretty bad .hope this helps ,any help is welcome as this old fella pisses me off any more i will make his motor a new anchor
      cheers

Comment

dunno but I have seen a few HPDI engines and 1 F225 do the same thing.
        tach would show one set of hours and the ECU close to 10,000 hours and we knew the tach hours were more correct at about 200-300 hours.
        install a new ECU and YDS will read it as 0 hours as will command link but NOT 6y5 digital.

Comment

thanks for that Chief
          i have told him if he wants to get his hours down then he has to fork out about a grand for the new ECU and he just shrugged it off meaning he wants everything for free, i wouldn't worry too much about him now as i was aware of these problem existed in Yamaha big motors , but we here in Fiji dont worry too much about hours as we dont re-sell the motors ,once it fitted to the boat it will come out when it dies and cant breath again.
          Once again thanks for that ,if ever you get a trip to Fiji i will show you the running F80 to F100 efi model 2006 running with close to 6000hrs

Comment

halfway taken care of the F motors run a long time.
            key is running them not letting them sit for months and years.
            show me an outboard that's 10 yrs old with 110 hours and Ill show you a neglected POS.

Comment

hi chief
              in my part of the world it would be difficult to find a 10 yr old motor with 110hrs it will be impossible ,as they would be having more than 12000hrs or dead but as for POS motors there is plenty due to forecloses on some defaulters which i used to pick up cheap on tenders and then i would play round with them and fix and put them on my own fleet of boats and run them until no life was left on them .
              however, its time for me to put my feet up and relax and just cruise around the many islands of the pacific
              cheers

Comment

Working...
              X