oil tube YAMAHA 2 ST'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil tube YAMAHA 2 ST'

how can i know what is the right connection for the tube that move oil "overflow" from OIL SEAL and other spots
    Noam N

Not sure what a 2 ST is if it's a 2hp outboard, then the overflow hose(recirulation hose) just goes from top main brg to bottom main. Hose connects to top of block and bottom of block.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

it's yamaha 90hp that was canceled the oil pump
      and now mixing oil in the fuel .
      it have tubes that move oil from one spot to another .
      and the question is how to connect them , i think that in the past those spots use for the oil injection .
      Noam N

Comment

chompin,
        Are you trying to reconnect the oil injection pump ? Has the pump been removed and the hoses left in place? You have been "pre-mixing" by adding oil to the gas?
        Ken K

Comment

yes i am pre-mixing, no oil pump it was canceld in the past .
          the engine was dismantled for an overall and
          there is tubes that move oil from spots on the engine block i simply dont know how to connect them.
          Noam N

Comment

chompin,
            You can look up your model motor in the online catalog (above) and see how the oil hoses are routed.
            I believe there is an oil line from the remote tank to the local tank. Then from the local tank to the oil pump. Then from the pump to the carbs.
            If the oil pump has been removed, just plug up the hoses.
            Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
            Ken K

Comment

The best way is to go by guide in service manual. There are 2 sets of hoses on that block, oil injection hoses and recirculation hoses and if you get them crossed it could cause engine damage. If you are not using oil pump then the oil lines need to be plugged off at intake manifold, if oil pump is used then connect oil lines to oil pump as per service manual.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X