Panasonic's help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    I don't think this is going to be covered in the Boeing recovery manual.

Will it buff right out? Gonna need a new motor on the right hand side it appears.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...uries-reported

I am quite puzzled by this. Probably landed long and committed to stopping. Wet runway and max braking not selected? Figured he was going to go off the end of the runway and turned the wrong way in a panic...maybe. Looks like if he went to the right he would maybe have stopped in the turn around area...

If the main gear is folded back underneath her, she is done. Once you rip the gear off and the structure around it that is pretty much it...road off. But it doesn't look like there was much way left on her when he hit the dirt, else they would have been in the water and the fuse broke up.

Commercial aircraft are much more fragile then most think. I think they will do a lot more damage hauling it out of there. You can't just hook on and drag it back up the hill. The main gear is the strongest point to hook on to and that is either buried in deep or broke off underneath her. Either way it's going to be very difficult to move it now.

FDR will tell the tale.

All is well, nobody got killed. Airplanes can be replaced. Expensive mistake.

Comment

I was wondering how, and how much of the plane can be recovered. Just slipped a little bit in the dirt, albeit downhill. You more aviation people may be able to determine whether this plane is a wrteoff.
      Always wondered where the limit is to damage before a plane is classified not to fly again?

Comment

I believe the engine is in the water. They are fortunate it didn't burn. At least they don't have to deal with the EPA squawking about fuel running into the water.

Comment

Calling for snow up your way tomorrow Boscoe. Have you been to Publix yet?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            I believe the engine is in the water. They are fortunate it didn't burn. At least they don't have to deal with the EPA squawking about fuel running into the water.
            Saw it on the news last night. Quite a commotion, they sprayed it with foam. Not much fuel in the water but a lot of other stuff, including the engine that apparently fell off whilst trying to move it, in the water.

Comment

I imagine they will pump whatever fuel is left. Cut the wings off and start dragging pieces up the hill.
              Much easier than the ship on the rocks in the Med. Hundreds of millions to move that thing.

Comment

Calling for snow up your way tomorrow Boscoe. Have you been to Publix yet?
                Actually I have. Went there yestiddy to get a chuck roast. Best damn pot roast I have ever made. Fell apart getting it out of the pan. I got enough beef to live on for several days until the storm passes.

Comment

Before you know it the peach trees will be blooming.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Actually I have. Went there yestiddy to get a chuck roast. Best damn pot roast I have ever made. Fell apart getting it out of the pan. I got enough beef to live on for several days until the storm passes.
                    Their fried chicken is amazing. You make a roux with your roast? For the rice or potatoes. Comfort food. Good to sleep on.

Comment

Heck I drove to the store this afternoon and noticed I had left my wallet at home before I even made it into the store.

went back home and drank a beer.
                      I will try to make another run in the morning for food that was on sale.

roux is for gumbo, roast needs a gravy.

Comment

Their fried chicken is amazing. You make a roux with your roast? For the rice or potatoes. Comfort food. Good to sleep on.
                        Yes, their fried chicken is some of the best. Their chicken lunch plates are not a bad deal. Roll, two vegetables and about 3/4 large pieces of boneless breast. More than I could/should eat. My wife, the dog and I can share one plate and be just fine.

I am old fashioned. I eat gravy. Not roux. Brown flour in butter and then add the drippings from the roast. Maybe some chicken broth in if needed. Ladle the gravy over my rice. My mom being from Beaufort, we grew up on rice so that is what I eat mostly. My wife being from Kalifornia we also had potatoes cooked in the roast drippings the last half hour or so.

Comment

Flour and drippings. Same thing.

Comment

roux is the beginning of something.
                            gravy is one end result I guess

got to have some onion in that gravy

Comment

Ummmm some good beef liver and brown gray with onions!!!!!
                              Dennis
                              Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

been many years since I had some of that.
                                back when we butchered calves ourselves we had it all the time growing up.

heard eating the organs was bad for us, have no idea if that was true.

Ex wife and kids would not eat it.
                                guess that was when I stopped making and eating it

Comment

Working...
                                X