Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Yamaha 90hp 2-stroke removal for winter

1993 Yamaha 90hp 2 -stroke
    Is there a way to remove the guts of the motor without removing the through-hull bolts?

I'm wanting to store the engine inside heated area for the winter, but it's mounted to a 50 year old boat and I don't want to have to un-seal and then re-seal the through-hull bolts or stress the transom any more than necessary. I was hoping maybe there was a way to remove most of it but leave the bracket and bolts on?

can-do, or not?

Thanks,
    tom
    Attached Files

Why not just winterize the motor on the boat, cover it with a tarp or similar cover and forget about it?...the cold weather ain't gonna hurt it....my 1999 Yamaha 90C has spent the last 14 winters right out there on the back of the boat...no problems at all...

Comment

I guess you should leave it on boat as Graham sugested
      Preferably as on pic (vertical position)

Comment

Thanks guys,
        Yep, I guess i'll have to do that. I have been babying her the last couple years keeping the whole rig in the garage all year round, but i am starting to miss my parking spot. Especially now this time of year when it's starting to be dark and wet and cold when i leave for work instead of light and warm. i guess i'll just have to decide which is more important: pampering the boat, or getting into a warm dry car in the morning. i can tell you that so far the boat has won that argument!
        Best,
        tom

Comment

Working...
        X