Troubleshooting idle issue (spark??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting idle issue (spark??)

New problem... After replacing old fuel/water filter with new racor went to start it and she fires right up but does not idle without quitting and even at higher rpms it quits when I move the throttle back a little. At higher rpms it sounds like it's missing sometimes. Pulled plugs all 4 had good fuel, cleaned and checked gap. Pulled the plug wires one by one while it was running to see if we could hear a change. We heard a change on 3 of the 4. The 4th did not make any change which makes me think it is either that plug wire or coil. Engine is 2001 yami 115 2 stroke. No water in racor bowl. It did this on the hose too but than it stopped. Ground in the wire or coil??? It always starts right up but never last more than a few seconds in neutral unless I rev it up. One prob after the next. Please help.

Clean corresponding carb

Comment

So you think it's a fuel issue and not spark? Even after the one by one removal of plug boot while running with no notable sound change in only one cylinder? Thank you

Comment

Sure, choke that throat with finger while running to see

Comment

If u are right what will happen?

Comment

I removed carbs from engine and bowls from carbs and they are soaking in carb cleaner as we speak. I need to get all new gaskets so hopefully I will be able to reassemble mid next week.

Comment

Working...
            X