Commandlink to NMEA 2000 Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commandlink to NMEA 2000 Cable

Has anyone built a commandlink to NMEA 2000 cable. I tried to buy a MARE-003 cable but they discontinued it. I think all that is needed is:

6Y8-82521-01-00 pigtail bus wire
    Maretron FA-CM-ST Micro Connector Male

Does anyone know which wire I need to connect. From the information I have found, the power wire shouldn't be connected. Not sure on the ground or the bare wire. Any help would be appreciated.

It would be helpful to know what it is that you want to do.

1 Go from the motor to an NMEA network
    2 Go from a Command Link hub to an NMEA network
    3 Go from a Command Link hub directly to a chart plotter

What is the year and model of your motor?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      It would be helpful to know what it is that you want to do.

1 Go from the motor to an NMEA network
      2 Go from a Command Link hub to an NMEA network
      3 Go from a Command Link hub directly to a chart plotter

What is the year and model of your motor?

I want to go from the commandlink hub to a nmea 2000 network hooked up to my lowrance units.

Comment

I used a Lowrance 127-30 cable, and it's working great. Plugs into the white 4-pin connector (but only uses the blue and white wires) at the front of the engine and the other end into the NMEA2000 backbone.

Got mine on eBay.

Hope this helps.

Comment

It is a Lowrance cable that you will need in your particular case. 120-37.

Lowrance 120-37 Yamaha Engine Interface | Blue Heron Marine Electronics

You did not provide your model type but this will work for all configurations unless your Command Link hub is driving a Command Link Plus gauge.

Simply plug the square connector into an open hub device port and then connect the round connector to your NMEA 2000 network.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime1 View Post
            I used a Lowrance 127-30 cable, and it's working great. Plugs into the white 4-pin connector (but only uses the blue and white wires) at the front of the engine and the other end into the NMEA2000 backbone.

Got mine on eBay.

Hope this helps.
            He is not going from the motor to a network. He wants to go from a Command Link hub to a network.

Comment

Working...
            X