ultrasonic carb cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultrasonic carb cleaning

I am going to clean my carbs w/ultrasonic clener. Does anyone have a proven carb cleaning solution for ultrasonic cleaner?

Yamalube

Comment

I use a 50/50 mixture of water and simple green, works great,,

Comment

Do I need a special rinse? Distilled water, or baking powder solution? Thanks!

Comment

Just plain old water works well for me for a rinse. I make sure that the passageways and such get blown out with compressed air to thoroughly dry out the insides.

Another thing to do is to use brake cleaner or throttle body cleaner to blow out the passageways. You can see if they are truly free and clear by the presence of the spray coming out the other side. Wear eye protection.

What model motor is this by the way? Some are notorious for getting clogged and it is difficult to clean them. There are several modifications that can be done in the event certain parts get clogged. The accelerator circuit being just one of them.

What sort of issue are you having?

Comment

I have a 90TLR 2008. It runs rough backfires and dies at low rpms, runs out of fuel under load. I ran it the other day with the air box off and put my hand over the carbs one by one. #3flooded,#2 flooded but it smoothed out when I held my hand over #1 I think #1 carb has a blockage. I just have a problem forking over the900.00 bucks the dealer wants to clean the carbs. Any help is appreciated!

Comment

Heck, you can BUY a NEW CARB, (#1 cylinder) FOR $184.00 :

6H1-14301-30-00 YAMAHA CARBURETOR ASSY 1 $184.54

Cylinder #2 has the auto enrichment, etc. #1 carb (upper) is the simplist of the three. After pulling the bowl, the jets should be accessable and removed for cleaning... As noted above, make sure you can see thru the jets before re-installing.

Once you do get it running correctly, you may want to invest in using some "Yamaha ring free" to keep the carbs/top end clean:

Amazon.com: Yamaha Yamalube Ring Free Plus Fuel Additive ACC-RNGFR-PL-12: Automotive
              Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-08-2014, 08:46 PM.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks guys. I bought an RCBS ultrasonic cleaner,used 50/50 simple green and water. Cooked carbs twice for 1/2 hr @ a time. Rinsed them, blew them out and reassembled. I put them back on and the boat runs like a top. Good advice beats throwing cash in the toilet any day!

Comment

Working...
                X