Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 yamaha f90 - winterize fogging - where is air intake located?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 yamaha f90 - winterize fogging - where is air intake located?

Hi,
    I'm new to boating and I recently bought a Stringray bowrider and I'm looking to winterize soon. I've watched a few youtube videos and the process looks pretty straightforward but I haven't see where the air intake is on the engine yet and the owner's manual doesn't show it either. Any suggestions? I have a Yamaha F90.

Regards,
    John

Hi!

The intake is on the left side of motor
    Connected/close to the injectors/carburetors
    However if you are referring to fogging oil is not recomended for 4 strokes but a little shoudn´t hurt...
    Last edited by almetelo; 04-12-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I don't understand the comment about fogging oil not being recommended for a four stroke. Yamaha sells the stuff.

Yamalube

Last edited by boscoe99; 10-01-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

2 strokes need the extra fogging oil sucked through the crank case to coat the bearings and crank along with wrist pins,rings,cylinder walls and other shiny surfaces to protect them during long term storage
        The 4 strokes are already bathed in crankcase oil so do not need that as much. But Yamaha will sell you their products all day long and they contain fuel stableizers and other stuff too that is needed to protect things besides the shiny parts from rust like the original fogging oil

Comment

If I were winterizing any four stroke motor I would remove the plugs and blast some fogging compound into the combustion chamber. Then rotate the motor several times so that the pistons that were down are now up, and vice versa. Then I would spray another blast of compound. Reinstall the plugs and you will be good to go next spring. Or fall if you are down under.

Comment

myself?
            I use crankcase stor-n-start in the oil.
            run this about 10 minutes.
            then I use the EFI fogging mixture based on the mercruiser or Volvo EFI winterizing procedure.
            if you try to spray fogging oil in the air valve on that F90 you will seriously fog #4 and make one helluva mess as the intake air at idle is VIA the ISC valve NOT the throttle valve.
            the fogging mix is something like 1/2 gallon of TCW3 2 stroke oil,5 gallons of gas and the correct amount of what ever brand fuel stabilizer and run at 1500 RPM for about 10 minutes to insure the mixture is in the VST and injectors.

crankcase stor-n-start is actually used by the US military for various gensets and such that are routinely set up in shipping crates for extended time periods.

Comment

fogging mixture is TWC3 two stroke oil as the new evinrude ETEC dont need any other compound it just fogs the engine with the oil it has in the tank ,what a marvelous change except Yamaha tries to slug people with extra cost

Comment

WHAT?????
                how can you attempt to compare a two stroke E-tec with a four stroke fuel injected engine??

my 175 Etec will self fog if I cycle the key.
                my F150 must be manually done as it doesn't burn oil.

Comment

Working...
                X