55 HP 2cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 HP 2cylinder

I am having a 1995 2stroke 55HP engine put on my boat. The engine is in good shape and runs well, but I can not find squat about this engine anywhere. I don't mean registration or title, I got all that.
    There is just no info about this type engine on any of the forums I've checked.
    Anyone know the history of this engine vs the 3 cylinder ones that are everywhere?
    SeaRay

-------------------------
    Last edited by boscoe99; 10-01-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I was aware if the parts and owner manuals. I was looking for some comments from owners, such as performance, reliability, etc. I read one blog that said this was a commercial motor. Is that what the "C" stands for in the 55c mentioned in your post
      If so, what is different between a commercial motor and a regular one. Never seen a 55 hp 2 stroke Yamaha.

Comment

Your first post said that you could not find "squat" about this motor.

Now you say that you knew all about the parts and owner's manuals?

Which is it? How do we now know what to believe when you make comments and ask questions?

Comment

I am sorry if my post was not clear, I thought I clarified what I was asking in my repost but apparently that was not the case so I will withdraw my question.

Comment

it was only imported to the US market for about 6 years with the last in 1995.
            parts are getting relatively hard to find.
            I got the last stator assy from japan about 2 years ago.
            the brass ring wears out and allows the coils to hit the flywheel.

its very similar to the enduo series of 2 cylinder engines for the non-US market.

its 18 years old at best.

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate the info. Got a good deal on it. Sure hope the parts don't become and issue. Guess time will tell.

Comment

Working...
              X