Yamaha 2001 60hp tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 2001 60hp tachometer

Hi can anyone tell me what yamaha part number will fit my engine & when you buy the tach does it come with all the sensors/wiring etc.
    Thankyou.

You could get a analog 6y5 guage or a 6y7 digital,, if you get the kit it will come with the dash gauge wiring harness, which will connect to the bullet connectors coming from the main engine harness at the key switch, the second harness in the kit is the trim oil harness, this is for the oil and over heat lights on the gauge and the trim gauge on the digital gauge, you could also get a after market tach and it wires in pretty easy using the same connectors coming off the key switch.. just make sure you set the pole settings properly on the back of the gauge before installing it..

Comment

6YR-W0035-E1-00 is the multifunction tachometer kit that will interface with your motor. The kit includes everything that you need. Harness from the motor to the dash, harness from the dash to the tachometer and the tachometer itself.

It can be seen here:

2013-MRP-Catalog

Page 13 of the rigging book shows analog tachometers if that is what you want but they do not come in the form of a kit. You will need to buy the needed parts separately. Same part numbers for the harnesses as shown in the multifunction kit.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response guys,just got to find a dealer in the uk thats not gonna turn me over on the price.

Comment

my local Yamaha dealer did me a cracking deal on a tacho and speedo kit inc all wiring.

6YR-W0035-48

Comment

Do you have the kit already? Does the tachometer have one or two four pin nylon connectors attached to it (plus four single wires)?

The combination speedometer and tachometer kit sold here in the US is not intended for a motor earlier than 2005.

Maybe they offer a different kit in the UK.

Comment

Yes 2 4 pin plugs with 4 single wires
              Blue,green,yellow & black.

Comment

Good. You got the correct tachometer.

Comment

Working...
                X