F60 2006 Fixed after first attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60 2006 Fixed after first attempt

thanks fellas,it was my first attempt to this motor ,it belonged to a old fella who didn't had much money but was quoted more than his pension to fix and at one stage he was offered 600.00 for his motor as he was told the ecu was gone and then his fuel system was seized and basically they wanted his motor for spare parts
    he approached me as iam now fully retired mostly sunbathing in the tropics and doing odd jobs for island owners and in return get freebies .so it was nice to see a old fella very interested in fishing i said i have never worked on this engine but will give a shot ,that s when i posted a thread ,got some feedback thanks for that fellas ,but being a expert in all outboard i started with the electrical and fixed it as one of the trigger switch was faulty ,basically rusted then i started on the fuel system and went through all the system as it was simple according to RODBOLT its pretty basic ,since it was my first time on this motor i was cautious but then i figured the injectors had to be serviced ,which i got it done ,replaced everything then came the shaking ,so i went and changed the spark plug and took it for a test run and was surprised as it ran like new and finally i was very happy to this old fella smile and i did all this for FREE
    the bottom line is pls dont leave your motors for too long without starting as it will eventually cause problem as i wont do it again for FREE as it took my relaxing one week off my retirement
    cheers

time on the water

nothing compares !! ENJOY !!

Comment

I understand helping out the old folks, I may be there one day.

I have one commercial guy that will be 80 this fall.
      goes most everyday running nets or pots.
      I actually gave him an F50 some years back and have paid all the parts and supplied the labor to keep it running since about 2007.

I did tell him one night at the Blue Crab if I would have known he was going to live so long I would have taken payments.

sadly his wife,kinda like my second mom, passed away last spring and now he was diagnosed with some type of lung cancer.

glad ya got the old guy running.
      always remember.
      its suck squeeze bang and blow.
      all the other stuff just helps it go.

Comment

Thanks for that RODBOLT i might go and ask this guy his age and what sort of medical problems he has got as i dont want him to hang around me for long as i need my retirement to be spent in peace
        cheers

Comment

Working...
        X