90tlr carb problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90tlr carb problems

I have a 2008 90tlr and seam to have a carb issue. My dealer wants 900.00 to clean the carbs and replace filters. That sounds like I could replace the carbs w/new ones for that money. Am I wrong in my thinking? I have had the carbs off before, it took me less than15min. How much should this job cost?

$900 bucks!!! ***....It's not a bad job to rebuild them. Ultrasonic cleaning is best, but You can get away with going to local NAPA and picking up a gallon of carb/parts cleaner to soak overnight.
    Take all 3 oof, but only rebuild one at a time to keep it simple.

The kits here are like 25 bucks each, plus a gallon of the cleaner, and a saturday afternoon....

....900 bucks....thats not real....and yes that much loot will buy them new

Comment

Thanks for the reply! That was my thinking. I've been a 2-cycle mechanic for 40 years working on power saws and construction equip. Wasn't sure if there was something I was missing on setting up the carbs that takes something special that a dealer only knows.........................

Comment

any more than 2 hours and your milking it.
        I can rebuild the 90 2 stroke carbs all day long in about 1.5 hours.
        you can spend as much time as you wish but if I was paying you you would get paid for 2 hours max.

900 bucks I could buy all three new and still have a cool refreshing beverage.

Comment

Working...
        X