How do you take off engine oil tank cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you take off engine oil tank cap

I want to take off the engine oil tank cap off to get to the strainer. How do you take off the cap? I need to clean the entire oil system because i have a clog somewhere. Is it ok to remove the engine oil cap? I want to get to number 28 and 6 from this website any tips?2003 130TXRB Yamaha Outboard OIL TANK Diagram and Parts

the cap/float sensor just pulls off, I would drain the oil tank first, there is a foam washer that goes around the nipple of the baffle, dont loose it and make sure it is in place, the clog is probably the strainer behind the oil tank on the boat, it is inline right by the pump on the bottom of the tank..

Comment

The strainer goes over the sensor in a certain manner and the sensor fits into the tank in a certain manner. Take careful note of the orientation of each so they can be put back in the proper position.

As noted, there is a strainer/filter on the back of the remote tank that is known to clog and prevent the transfer of oil. Check it first. You might not have to mess with the main oil tank at all.

Comment

a better explanation of what the problems are would help someone help you

Comment

Working...
        X