Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil alarm problem SOLVED!

Hi there Rodbolt17, boscoe99, Robert Graham and 99yam40

Guys, I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you and the guys on the forum, for your most valued advice on the forum.
    It is so gratifying to know that there are folks that are so willing to spend time assisting fellow boaters. –THANK YOU!
    I finally found the problem with the oil warning system on my '99 Yam 130 BETOL!
    After following your good advice, I changed the battery connectors for new ones and checked all the harnesses and wiring.

I used an ohm meter to check the two oil tank sender units. The remote tank unit was intermittent, so I replaced it with a new one but the problem persisted.

Boscoe, after reading through yours and Rodbolt's comments again on the forum, I went to look again, and one thing I hadn't checked was the battery isolator switch, (I installed it a long time ago as a safety measure). I took it out and dismantled it, (a sealed unit), and PRESTO! Lots of corrosion resulting in a very bad electrical conducting item!

I bought a new one for $7.00, installed it, making sure of the connections. I then headed out onto the lake and EUREKA! My Yamaha is back to her old self, going well, with no more problems! Oil lights back to normal, pump working OK!

Thank you all so very much.
    Dennis.
    Krugersdorp - South Africa.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day...
    Give him a boat and he'll sit in it all day fishing!!
    Last edited by Speedcop; 09-17-2013, 07:20 AM.
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate!
    Challenger 16ft - 1999 Yamaha 130 BETO

Glad you found your problem and that it was relatively minor. Also, the feedback is appreciated.

Comment

Hi Boscoe99
      The feedback is a pleasure. Thanks again for the assistance!
      I just want to make a point....

"The fault doesn't always lay with a Yamaha. -
      It is mostly the operator that doesn't know where to look!" (ME!)

Yamaha is in my opinion, the best.
      Many Thanks.
      Dennis.
      There is no task too simple for some people to complicate!
      Challenger 16ft - 1999 Yamaha 130 BETO

Comment

The motor is obviously integrated with the battery and the boat. Many battery and boat issues manifest themselves in a poorly performing motor. The motor maker then takes the hit for the sins of others.

Comment

Working...
        X