Tiller steer to remote steer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiller steer to remote steer?

What is involved in this? I want to convert a 90 TLR from tiller steer to remote steer. Is just putting the steer cable rod through the steering tube and installing a steering rod guide?

that's one part of it then you have to get the controls and make some changes
    to the grommet and clips ,its a fair bit involved if you know what you doing
    cheers

Comment

Originally posted by madharchod View Post
      that's one part of it then you have to get the controls and make some changes
      to the grommet and clips ,its a fair bit involved if you know what you doing
      cheers
      What are the grommets and clips? There is already a 704 remote control and cables on the boat.

Comment

Back to the top...

Anyone have anything to add? Other than a steering rod guide and steering hook, what else would I need? I already have 704 control, cables and 10-pin wiring harness. Are those parts "plug and play"? What are the "grommets and clips" that the poster above mentioned? I'd appreciate anything anyone could add to this as I'm planning to make a decision on purchasing said engine today. Thanks!

Comment

I would think he was speaking of the grommets and clips associated with the throttle and shift cables where they go into and attach to motor

Comment

Sorry for posting the HUUUUGE image.
            Last edited by grouper sandwich; 09-16-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Never mind. Went to go look at the motor in question and negotiate and the fellow got antsy when I broke out the compression gauge. The 93, 85 and 30 PSI readings explained why. I thanked him for his time and went home. The dude is trying to rip someone off but it won't be me. It's shame that some people conduct business in this manner.

Comment

I would never buy a used motor I could not run it on the water hard and heavy to make sure it did well at all RPMs/loads and did not have over heating issues

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  I would never buy a used motor I could not run it on the water hard and heavy to make sure it did well at all RPMs/loads and did not have over heating issues
                  Nor would I. I would think that would be SOP? However, there are those out there who will buy just by seeing one run on a water hose. That's who this character is looking for, not someone who shows up with tools, a pressure gauge, voltage meter, a laundry list of things to check, a bill of sale and looking to go for a boat ride. He'll find someone to take advantage of, of that I'm certain.

Comment

Working...
                  X