Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 dead

2003 f115
    Ok first off, I had a problem with motor cutting out at higher rpms, the last time out ran for 10 mins and had to limp back running terrible. Pulled plugs and were fuel fouled. Put in new plugs then I put a timing light on it and found that 4 cylinder was miss firing at higher rpms and # 3 was to just not as bad. Also i pulled each wire off while running and the 3 and 4 plug wire would arc out on motor but 1 and 2 never did. Checked the coils and were in spec. Was trying to check the pulser coils and plug came undone and motor killed. Now it wont do anything. Tach light comes on, rpm number is real dim on gauge and the lil noise that comes on when key is turned on sounds terrible now. Have no trim on motor or control. Have 13 volts going to motor and dont c any fuses burnt. So any idea what i fried or what to check? Thanks.
    Last edited by empty shell; 09-07-2013, 09:56 PM. Reason: Messed up

you haven't fried anything just go through all the fuse ,and check the battery connection

Comment

Already checked

I checked the fuses and have 13 volts at positive and ground wires on motor. I will give it a double ove tom eve during the day to be sure.

Comment

you should not have any noise at key on.
        if you have an audible at key on you have shorted something.
        you really really should look up waste spark TCI ign systems.
        pulling a plug wire on a waste spark system will typically shut down spark on both cylinders con*****ed by that coil.
        on the F115 if #1 cyl sparks so does number 4, if #2 cyl sparks so does #3, if 4 sparks so does 1 if 3 sparks so does 2, hence the term waste spark.
        1&4 are at TDC together as do 2 & 3.
        one is TDC compression the other is TDC ex.

on the F115 if 1 pulser coil fails the engine will run,ign timing will be fixed about 10* BTDC and idle speed will increase and top speed cannot be reached.
        these engines will mostly trouble shoot themselves if you understand what each component does and why its there.

if your going to play with your engine there are some basic tools you must have.
        the first and most important one is on your shoulders.
        then you need a spark tester capeable of testing all 4 at the same time, a fuel pressure tester,a voltmeter and some electronics understanding(goes back to tool one) and a service manual with a wireing diagram(again tool 1).

Comment

Found problems

Red connector on harness plug from controls to motor was corroded off, should of looked at this first. This is going to be the third harness in three years. Anyone know why the red connector in plug keeps doing this? Is there something I have wrong? Also found the positive cable hooked to battery was a lil corroded, cut it back a few inches and put a new eye on it. Just waitn on harness now. Could this cause a cylinder to miss fire at higher rpms?
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X