ox66 225 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ox66 225 problems

replaced power relay and shut down problem went away,but now engine has a miss and will not throttle up under load.I changed the plugs and if i feather the throttle it will eventually come up to 4000rpm,but thats it.Both these motors are using too much oil and ive been told several threads can be cut off linkage rod to solve this.True or false? thanks for the help.

Are you starving for fuel? that would cause the the extra oil consumption.

Comment

ox66 problems

no fuel problems.Its my understanding the oil rod is supposed to be adjusted after break in.I dont believe it ever happened with these motors.They are 2001s with 200 hrs on them.

Comment

oil consumption doesn't have much to do with fuel.
        oil is pumped based on arm position and engine speed.
        your fighting two issues.
        one is going to be fuel,that explains the "feathering"

yes the rod can be cut BUT BUT YOU MUST FOLLOW the linkage adjustment procedure and not randomly attack it.
        with the throttle shutter fully closed, I usually at least unclip the bottom two shutters,then adjust the clearance from arm to stopper to .005" to .020.

Comment

ox66 225 problems

got it on rod adjust. thanks. now the other problem,if you remember back a month ago I had a problem with motor cutting out.it was determined power relay was bad.Changed it to the tune of $197.00.Motor quit cutting out but now I have this problem.Ran the boat in Keys over long wknd and changed plugs[all were wet and black].motor ran better,but not right,sure this just temp. until new plugs foul.So,where do i go from here?

Comment

on the OX66 oil is mixed with the gas in the VST.
            if the black plug issue is common to all 6cylinders then monitor rail pressure and monitor O2 sensor feedback voltage.
            rail pressure MUST be in spec and O2 sensor voltage must be in the .35-.5 range at about 3000 RPM with the boat in the water and unrestrained.
            at idle in the water it should steady scale between .3 and about .6.

Comment

ox66 problems

thanks, i will check on these issues and get back to you

Comment

Working...
              X