F60 2006 problem running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60 2006 problem running

this customer has had his motor sitting for about seven months ,starts it at home and runs perfect, takes it down to water ,it dosent run properly ,
    it revs alright at neutral and when shifts in gear dosent run ,properly goes about 1500rpm and dies ,starts first time every time,but when in gear dosent run . i told him it could be injectors as the motor has done 3600hrs ,but dosent like to spend too much money ,any one there with any other ideas as iam no longer doing work as i have retired ,would like to save this fella some money
    cheers

monitor fuel pressures and have injectors and the whole fuel system cleaned

Comment

everything as clean as it should be ,maybe something else ,help this poor fella pls

Comment

monitor the rail pressure and fix the fuel system.
        the F60 EFI is a dirt simple single throttle body EFI.
        if idle speed is normal most all the sensor feed back is making the ECU happy happy.
        the ECU monitors everything except rail pressure and ISC valve.
        anyother sensor failure will increase idle by locking base timing about 10*BTDC and depending on the sensor top speed may or may not be reached.
        the F60 can be monitored with the laptop and YDS or the diagnostic test lamp for codes.
        electrical failures are rare.

Comment

OK have done all those things but the problem seems to the current not coming to one of the coils its not the coil that is the problem but the spark is very low in number three cylinder ,now as it stands either the ecm is faulty or there is a problem with the electrical ,which one i dont know as i have not worked in one of these motors ,the fuel pressure is all right as i helped the guy clean the VST and checked all the fuel lines for any contaminant but none so i opened the spark plugs to check if they were all right bingo no/ 3 cylinder has very little spark checked the coil for resistance there is a difference of only 0.4ohms but when changed the coil to check the other it is the same which says the coil is alright but then when checked the voltage from ecm it supposed to be 240volts the top coil is receiving less voltage of only .3volts as the reading is 20.7 on the bottom coil and 20.4 on top coil ,iam confused if this little difference can cause this to happen
          please help as the owner is a old person and cant afford $90.00 hr charge to take to the dealer
          cheers

Comment

Originally posted by madharchod View Post
            when checked the voltage from ecm it supposed to be 240volts
            the top coil is receiving less voltage of only .3volts as the reading is 20.7 on the bottom coil and 20.4 on top coil
            So why is there not the 240 volts minimum?
            Bad voltage in from charge coils could be the problem
            Are you using the proper test equipment?

Did not test pressures?

Comment

the both coils are good but the voltage is not coming properly to one of the coils,the bottom coil gets 240volts but the top one is only getting 60volts ,now to do this iam am dumbfounded weather its the ECU that's faulty or is it the actual wire is shot any help is appreciated

Comment

Working...
              X