Yamaha Trim and tilt stator cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Trim and tilt stator cover

I have a 2003 F60TLRB as my main and the trim/tilt Stator cover is staring to rust and flake. When I look up replacement parts (69W43880) all it has listed is the complete assembly for $370+. As my trim is workin just fine I just want to purchase a cover. Is this something that can be done or are you forced to purchase the entire unit and is there a reason for this ?
    Thank You.

The "cover" you refer to is not a cover at all. It is the stator for the electric power trim and tilt motor. A vital portion of the electric motor.

Best bet if yours is not too rusty is to clean it of all corrosion, then prime and paint. A wire brush, a little sandpaper and some Rustoleum will do wonders. Then keep an eye on it in the future. Best to catch and stop corrosion as early as possible.

You can remove the entire assembly very easily to gain access to the electric motor.

Boats.net sells it for $299 and change. Item number 4.

2003 F60TJRB Yamaha Outboard POWER TRIM TILT ASSY 2 Diagram and Parts

Comment

Old post.

But in case you have the same problem.
      Change the motor.

Instructions:
      https://youtu.be/8sd9fVsSNmM

Parts can be found on ebay.
      I bought mine for 99$

Comment

I've always sprayed my tilt/trim motor, pump, rams, etc. with white lithium grease....sets up on there and stays a long time....no water or corrosion at all....
        Maybe check and re-spray once a year or so....

Comment

Working...
        X