Old petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old petrol

Trying to start my yamaha breathing compressor engine I saw that the petrol was red color, already in the tank for more than 7 month (in the tropics). I have changed it and also I did drain the carburator as well. The question is: Do I have to open and clean the carburator (really bad located) or just add fresh petrol?
    Are there any additives to add to the petrol that will stay long in the tank.
    Thanks for your help.

kurakura,
    I'm sorry but I do not understand what a "breathing compressor engine" is ?
    Is the motor a 2-stroke or 4?
    I would add a detergent like Yamaha RingFree or SeaFoam to the fresh fuel - may clean out gum/varnish that has probably collected in the carbs. If motor still runs poorly after doing this, then you may need to tear down the carbs and clean and perhaps install a carb kit.
    And, yes, RingFree or SeaFoam will also treat the fuel so that you can store it longer, but not for seven months - maybe two at the most. Also, a fuel stabilizer like StaBil will do the same thing, but it does not have the detergent qualities like the other two.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Yamaha MZ-300 4 stroke engine move a Bauer Mariner Breathing Compressor to fill diving bottles. I am afraid that those additives are not found here but I will try. Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Working...
      X