Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one engine no juice - electrical prob

I'm not a mechanic and I do not play one on TV [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have twin 200's (2001 ox66 saltwater series 2 strokes)on my cobia 260 WA and when I went to fish last weekend one engine is not getting any power at all! Starboard cranks and fires up no prob, but the port engine is not receiving any power at all. Starboard engine gauge is working, but port gauges do not light up on the port side engine and no "beeping" when turning key to the on position. So it is not receiving any power to the port side. Is this a fuse issue?

Battery switch set to "both"
    Laynard on
    Battery fires starboard engine fine
    Throttle in neutral
    Battery connection clean at the battery

I did notice the the large grey hose containing all engine electrical connections which feeds into the engine has been pulled out about 3 to 4 inches and is not flush (Inserted all the way in) like the starboard side. I pulled off the hood and visually inspected the area where the hose comes in but could not spot any disconnected/cut wires.

I do not posess a vast array of electronic diagnostic testing equipment and this is the first issue I have really had since buying the boat new back in 2001 (all routine maint has been done on schedule by auth dealers).

Recommendations?
    AA

\"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy\" |)

Check the fuse under plastic cover on starboard side of engine. If fuse is ok check the main relay by the fuse.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

By chance do you have two battery switches? One for each engine? My Grady is setup this way and each battery switch has to be turned on. Other than that it has to be the main fuse or relay under the hood as previously suggested.

Mike

Comment

just the one switch for the battery...one of my future projects is to put in the dual battery set up.

Thanks for your help...I hope it is a fuse
        AA

\"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy\" |)

Comment

Working...
        X