f75tlrb engine temp light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f75tlrb engine temp light

I notice my wire from my engine temp light was hanging loose under the helm and no connection was available to hook it back up. Dones anyone no why it was that way or where it should connect.

Thanks

2003 F75TLRB 4 stroke yamaha on Bennington pontoon

I don't have a clue as to why your boat is the way that it is. You might want to contact Bennington.

An over temperature light normally has 12 volt positive power applied to it any time the key is turned to the ON position.

Another wire goes to that same lamp. It is for the ground connection. Whenever the motor over temps, a ground is applied to the ground wire. The light will then illuminate. This other wire is usually part of a harness that normally goes from the motor to the dash panel and then on to (1) the trim gauge (2) the low oil pressure light and (3) the over temp light.

The motor should also go into RPM reduction mode.

A warning buzzer should also sound.

Comment

Thank you Boscoe99. Apparently I have been watching the light all these years for no reason. The oil light is hooked up. I hope there is at least a buzzer on the temp. I will keep your info.

Comment

Most Yams will sound the warning horn if the kill switch has been activated and the motor is being cranked. Try this to make sure that you horn is working. You will then know what it sounds like.

Comment

Working...
        X