1998 OX66 225 speedometer gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 OX66 225 speedometer gauge

I need to buy a speedometer gauge for the above mentioned outboard. I havent been able to find what number I need under the parts catalog. I have come across acouple of numbers like 6Y5-83570-S5-00, S4, S6. One has wires coming out the back another one has wires and a single plug wire, GPS wire from what I have gathered. Anyways what will work with my engine. I already have the new style Tach gauge on the boat.

2013-MRP-Catalog

Comment

I am confused. The link you sent me shows a 6Y5-83570-S5-00 for the speedometer. Now what number is the speedometer that has the regular set of wires, plus a single plug and no dip switches. Will that speedometer work on my engine.

Comment

Ok so I have been doing some googling and it seems that the speedometer I am referring to is a 6Y5-83500-S5-00. Its a multi-function gauge that reads all of the 6Y5-83570-S5-00 stuff, plus fuel consumption,economy, etc. So will it work on engine since it doesnt have dip switches?

Comment

A Yam multifunction speedometer does not display economy. i.e. MPG. Neither does it display consumption, except in the form of the hand bar scale, which goes down as fuel is consumed.

The only connection between the speedometer and the engine is that the engine provides water pressure to drive the speed value. Of course the gauge gets its power from the battery via the engine harness.

The speedometer has dip switches so that different types of fuel tank senders can be used and so that speed values can be changed from knots, statue miles or kilometers.

Methinks you are thinking of the Fuel Management Gauge.

Go back to the link I provided and look in the back of the book. Connections are depicted for the speedometer and the fuel management meter. There is also a combination speed/fuel meter.
          Last edited by boscoe99; 08-28-2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

No its not a FM gauge. Its says Speed on the top. Trip, Time, Batt on the bottom and fuel level on the side. Now the back has the six normal wire 2BLK, 1RED, 1BL, 1Y, 1W. Now next to where those wires come out the is another multi wire wire with a round plug on the end of it. I was told that it has no dip switches, which I find weird since, like you said, you have to be able to adjust mph,kmh and sender ohms. I am checking again with the person that has the gauge but he said no dip switches, which is weird.

Comment

Working...
            X