F225 runs 5 minutes, then quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 runs 5 minutes, then quits

I have a 2005 F225 four stroke that will start easily, run for a couple of minutes, then it will sound like it's chocking/ flooding out ,then quits. It will start up immediately and only run for 30 - 60 seconds, same thing happens. No alarms or other indications of any overheating or low oil pressure, but problem, to me, seems to be temp related as first time running may run for 5 minutes, thereafter only less than one minute. Manually pumping the fuel bulb does not change run time. I am running it on trailer using the motor flushing attachment, not earmuffs. Could this be a problem? Also, four months ago, I had the ECI and both electric fuel pumps replaced after a near lightning strike apparently screwed up the ECI. The new fuel line and a new fuel/water separator w/ clear bowl on the bottom shows no water as does the engine fuel filter, New gasoline was used. The motor ran perfect after the repair/replacement of parts until now. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong or any tests or other diagnostics to help identify the problem before returning to Yamaha dealer for another costly repair? Thanks in advance.

monitor fuel pressures to see if that is dropping, just because they say they replaced them does not mean they run when they should

Comment

Working...
    X