Motor cutting out while running...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor cutting out while running...

2002 115hp 4-stroke. While running the motor at speed it very briefly cut off. It was a VERY brief "burp", almost like it VERY briefly didnt have fuel for less than a second. This happened 3 or 4 times throughout the day. It seemed to happen when I adjusted the trim but maybe just a coincidence? I assumed it was a fuel issue but the next morning the battery was dead... I dont know if the dead battery is coincidence or if I have an electrical problem? Thanks a bunch!!

Electrical, battery, wires, disconnect switch, any loose connection or a charging problem.

The trim pulls a lot of power, add a weak battery or bad connection and voltage drops below what makes the computer happy it revolts.

Comment

+1 on the above.

Charge the battery and get it load tested. After re-installing a known good battery check at the battery terminals if the engine is charging with a volt meter. It should be approx 14 volts or so running (charging).

Likely, as posted above, the battery failed or bad connections not allowing it to charge. Low voltage causes lots of issues and if your battery is dead today, start checking the basics and go from there..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks guys! I do think the battery was faulty. I got a new battery and I will check the charging. Thanks again

Comment

battery

Your welcome.

Please post again after you test the voltage and take a "road" test!
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X