Tach not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach not working

I have a 1999 Skeeter with a V200TLRX Yamaha two stroke. The tach has stopped working and I can't locate where on the engine the tach signal is pick up. I have a Yamaha shop manual on this engine and no where in it can I find this mentioned. Even the electrical schematic doesn't show it.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Keith

off the main wire harness at the key switch is a stand alone green wire, this is the tach wire, there is another green wire in a bundle with blue and red, these are PTT wires,

Comment

Thanks Sequoiha,

My tach has a gray wire that comes off the tach and I followed it and it changes to a green wire before it hits the main wire bundle. I was wondering about where on the engine does this wire go. As you know, when you get to the engine there is A LOT of green wires (LOL). I was told the tach gets it signal off the rectifier. Mine wasn't charging either and I change the rectifier and fixed that but the tach still doesn't work. Just trying to rule every thing out before changing the tach, because I don't think I can get one that matches my other instruments.

Keith

Comment

In a V200TLRX the tachometer signal comes from the CDI.

Look at page 8-6 of the SM. Item four is the CDI. Follow the green wire from the CDI and it will run to the ten pin connector in the engine pan. From there the tachometer signal flows up the green wire in the ten pin harness. Then from a green wire in either a 703 control box or a green wire in a switch panel for a 704 control box.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe99,

That's what I was looking for.

Thanks again,

Keith

Comment

Working...
          X