Yamaha modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha modifications

Anyone have any tips to modify a yamaha 200 hpdi to gain mph?

buy a 250.
    not much can be done without being able to remap the ECM and driver circuits.

Comment

Hydro Tec Marine Performance, INC

Exhaust tuners
      Throttle bodies
      Reeds
      Engine mounts
      Heads
      Gear cases
      Flywheel (rotor) modifications

Hydro Tec Marine

All is needed is money

Comment

I was told something about using hydrotech! Guess ill try that route! Thanks!

Comment

and with all that, you MUST modify the ECU fuel and ign mapping.
          its an air pump.
          to make more power you need more air AND fuel.
          all the mods above are designed to allow more AIR.
          fuel is strictly con*****ed by the ECU and its already dirt lean on the HPDI.

I know they used to offer ECU's for the OX66 motors but I don't know about the HPDI.

myself I would sell the Z motor and find an OX66 to modify.

Comment

*** that kit is over 3000 dollars and good for less than about 50 hp and still no modified injectors,drivers or ECU.

if it was all that simple I doubt Yamaha would have developed the 3.3L hpdi.

the problem with increasing compression is anything over about 9.5/1 is going to require 97 octane or better fuel.
            the issue with the HPDI is the higher the octane the slower the fuel burn.
            on the HPDI fuel isn't injected until the piston has closed off both intake and exhaust ports.
            by then there are only a limited amount of degrees of crank rotation to inject,fire and burn the mixture before the exhaust ports are open again.

Comment

Working...
            X