Lowrance EP-90R Water Pressure Sensor Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowrance EP-90R Water Pressure Sensor Install

I've got an EP-90R on order and was hoping that this would be a fairly simple install.

I have a 2013 F90LA and don't currently have a water pressure sensor rigged up.
    I'm kind of scratching my head on where/how this is supposed to plug in on the motor side.
    The sensor installation manual doesn't give me a lot to go on and the Yamaha Owner's Manual is no help either.
    Here is a picture of the main water line that comes directly from the "garden hose" style connector and feeds into the engine.

Am I looking at the right area to hook this up?
    Is it as simple as plugging a brass fitting into the top hole with a hose connecting the fitting and the sensor?
    Or do I need a 3-way fitting to replace the existing one?
    If I'm on the right track, how do these brass fittings attach?
    Do they screw in (I didn't notice any threads in the top hole), or do they snap in and out?
    Either way, I have no idea where to look to find the part I need or what exactly to search for.

I've tried looking through the system schematics on the Yamaha Parts Lookup page, but I didn't find anything helpful.
    I also called Yamaha customer support and the guy I talked to was completely clueless.
    He tried to tell me how to connect it using the Command Link system, even after I told him I didn't have Command Link.
    Then he suggested I talk to Lowrance.
    Thanks.

I would go to a Yamaha dealer and ask for help, but the nearest one is 100 miles away.
    Right now, that's plan C or D.

Can anyone give me some insight?

Call the Yamaha man back and tell him the information is in his own Outboard Rigging Guide. He just needs to look.

Comment

So all I need is one of these...

...and to figure out where to screw it in.
      How simple is that?
      Thanks, Boscoe!

As for Yamaha "Walter", I'll probably just let him continue to be bad at his job.

Comment

one of those, a couple tie straps and a short piece of tubing and your ****en.

Comment

Working...
        X