2004 225 HPDI surging problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 225 HPDI surging problem

I recently had my powerhead rebuilt on my 2004 225 HPDI. It had one cylinder that went lean. Had all piston and rings replaced and the head on the bad side replaced. When I got it back and broke it in it had a high end surge.. Anything over 5000 rpm and the motor made a quick surge, quick and hard enough to knock me off plane. Compression on all cylinders are correct and no faults on the computer. All coils test out correctly, all fuel filers replaced, vst canister cleaned. I had all 6 fuel injectors cleaned and reworked ( 5 out of the 6 were lean at WOT).. Having done all of that with 2 separate mechanics, the problem still exists. Fuel pressure out of the pump is good but mechanic is going to replace those 4 small filters inside the High Pressure pump. Anyone have any other suggestions on possible causes???? Extremely frustrated!!!

the gear shift switch is common to go bad, it is what makes the engine drop 2 cylinders at idle.

Comment

do it ONCE with the YDS attached.
      as soon as it does it back off the throttle and hit the save button.
      you now can look at all codes,shift position switch on or off and HP fuel pressures and most other data for the past 13 minutes.
      you can also graph and record fuel rail pressure VS engine RPM.

lots better than pokin and hopein.

I would not even attempt an HPDI rebuild without sending the HP pump and injectors to flagship for reconditioning and testing.

Comment

Working...
      X