2000 Yamaha Waverunner 1200 intake getting clogged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Yamaha Waverunner 1200 intake getting clogged

So I recently purchased a 2000 Waverunner 1200. The machine is great and runs great. The only problem is I'm using it in a lake that has a lot of grass and weeds on the bottom which break off all the time and keep clogging up my intakes. I then have to pull it out of the water to pull everything out of the intake. This is mainly happening while I'm launching it in the water or taking out as the grass and weeds collect around the shoreline. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep this from happening? Is there some kind of guard or something I can put over the intake to keep the grass from getting sucked in there?

Nothing can do except don't run it in grass, weeds or less than 2 feet of water.
    Last edited by boats.net; 08-22-2013, 09:54 AM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

lets see here,, waverunner = very powerful intake of water,, keeps getting clogged with grass,,, Hmmmmm,,, oh I know dont run in grass,, come on, any guard you put on it will limit the amount of water or clog quicker,,, sounds to me like you need to find a different place to ride....

Comment

Working...
      X