Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 F115 dies sometimes after starting

2002 F115 890 hours.

The same motor I'm having oil pressure warning issues with.

This has only started recently and only happens later in the day. On a "normal" day I do about 50miles and run to say 6-8 different locations with different run times in between )

I start the outboard ( sometimes a little hard to start, low idle and knocks , sort of sounds like a tractor and then comes good, does stall sometimes when you put it into gear ) and get going and not long after say 15-20 seconds the motor loses power, I pull the throttle back , it may stall and then power up again and all is good. This may happen 2-3 times in a day but not everyday.

No codes on the diagnostic.
    Last edited by JONSNELL; 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM.

If you think it is running out of fuel, you might try pumping primer bulb before cranking up to make sure every thing is full.

Air in lift pump may cause a ticking noise but not a knock

Comment

This problem had not shown itself for a couple of trips but in an attempt to deal with it, I had the fuel system serviced - Cleaned VST filter, fuel rail and lines, sent injectors to be cleaned. Tech said the VST filter was half covered with a "gum".

Yesterday I had the problem resurface but earlier in the day - in the past it was always later in the day - FWIW yesterday was a little warmer.

Comment

i would be checking or replacing the TPS on these as sometimes they tend to malfunction and dosent show on the diagnostic ,these are only cheap but you will need a special hex key to replace them make sure you put in the right way or else they wont function at all
        cheers

Comment

Thanks for that - will look into it.

AM I looking at the right part ? it says about US$124 - so that would be over A$200- for me over here.

After the different oil pressure warning I had on the weekend ( see my other thread ) I'm now starting to wonder if these two issues are related.
          Last edited by JONSNELL; 09-15-2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X